Saturday, March 1, 2014

Wake up!


Sooo, it's been a while. I'm pretty sure winter ate my soul. It's only been two months into the year, and I've given up on it at least a half-dozen times already. Hopefully 2015 will be a better year, but it's time for me to crawl out of hibernation and try to salvage what's left of this year (I'm aware that a great big chunk of it's left, but I'm still bitter about winter, so don't push me.)

In an effort to snap myself out of this funk, I've (stupidly) decided to participate in two challenges this month. The first is at my yoga studio. We're doing 30 classes in 30 days. I know how likely I am to crap out at any time, so I'm front-loading my month... today was Day 1, and I took two classes. Go me! Providing I can move my arms and legs in the morning, I'll go to the 9:30 AM class. Did I mention I also have two concerts to sing in this weekend? I'm clearly insane. At least this time I don't have house guests. My parents usually come up for all performances (they're maddeningly supportive), but my mother has a bad cold, and we're apparently all going to be snowed in with 15 feet of snow, or some nonsense like that. So I suppose it really is working out for the best. Oooh, and I have a sinus infection, but I'm on some lovely meds for that. Yeah, I've lost my damn mind.

Challenge two: To post to my blog every day this month. Yup. It's NaBloPoMo, and the theme is Self, so you can expect full lists of every part of my body that hurt from my yoga challenge. I'm also going to get a new phone (I really am this time), and I want to be able to take professional looking photos on the go, so you'll probably get a lot of me screwing around with whatever piece of technology I decide to go to battle with (really, technology hates me. I'm pretty sure it all knows I'd rather have paper and write with a fancy quill and develop photos in a darkroom...). But this is my month. New Year's resolutions always fail miserably (when you bother to make them at all), so this is my Get Your Shit Together month. Turn inward, look outward, and wake up. Some day it will be warm enough for flip-flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment